FEATURES OF A
Prepaid Funeral Plan
When it comes to planning a funeral, it can be a sensitive topic to navigate. That’s why it may be beneficial to consider the option of a prepaid funeral plan to alleviate the emotional and financial burdens from your family, by planning and paying for a funeral ahead of time.
Daniel Robinson & Sons Ltd. is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Open Prepaid Funerals Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 962403.
Our joint aim is to ensure you receive the expertise required and a high-quality experience along with allowing you to be safe in the knowledge your funeral is taken care of when the time comes.
Why Choose a
Prepaid Funeral Plan?
A Prepaid funeral plan is a simple and practical way to let your family know that everything is taken care of. Some of the main benefits include:
- Reduces the financial burden on your family – as the funeral plan will be paid up front or in monthly instalments, making it easier on your family when the time comes.
- Helps to alleviate emotional stress – planning your funeral beforehand provides a caring solution to reduce emotional stress on your family.
- Individual personalisation – by choosing a prepaid funeral plan, you can decide on the theme of your own funeral yourself and ensure that everything will be to your personal taste and preference.
- Funeral Director’s prices are fixed – although funeral plan prices may fluctuate due to inflation, the prices of the funeral director’s professional services are fixed at the time the plan is purchased providing some future protection from price increases.
- Contribution to disbursements – your funeral plan can include a contribution to third party costs such as; crematorium fees, minister or celebrant’s fees, obituary notices, flowers, etc. The full cost of disbursements cannot be fully guaranteed on maturity of the funeral plan, as third-party costs are outside of our control. Therefore, your family or estate may have to make an additional contribution to cover any shortfall when the funeral plan is finally needed. A list of potential disbursements is available in our terms and conditions.
Open Prepaid Funerals
Open Prepaid Funerals was formed in 2003 and specialises in providing funeral plans through a secure and transparent method of planning your funeral ahead of time.
They offer a range of prepaid funeral plans from a Bespoke Plan for something detailed and unique, a Simple Plan that provides the essential elements for the funeral or an Unattended Cremation Plan that deals with the very basic need and where no funeral service takes place. We can cater for your own preferences and create almost anything you require.
The cost of your prepaid funeral plan depends entirely on the funeral choices you make and the level of service that you require to ensure your funeral is as personal as possible.
Simply get in touch with us and we will introduce you to the expert team of Open Advisers to discuss your needs, provide you with details on a suitable plan to meet those needs including the financial aspects and arrange for it to be put in place once you are completely satisfied.
We are on hand to offer our expertise and guidance on how the funeral is conducted and ensure your personal preferences are met and to be there for your family when the time comes.
We can arrange a meeting on the telephone, online (using Microsoft Teams or Zoom), by email or if preferred face to face. Meetings can be held at our offices or in your own home.
Once set up, payment for your funeral plan is made into The Open Prepaid Funerals Trust Fund where it is managed by professional fund managers, overseen by a board of trustees and independently audited, annually. The trust deed has been created in such a way that its purpose is to offer greater protection to you, the plan holder and your family or estate.
When the time finally comes for you to need our help, Daniel Robinson & Sons will have the responsibility for the provision of your funeral arrangements, working with Open Prepaid Funeral Plans.
If you prefer not to take any advice, but simply wish to purchase a plan online, then please visit our respective office pages on the Open website, by clicking these links: